|

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ad Me'ah V'Esrim?

Rav Yaakov Kamenetzky (1891-1984) lived a long and fruitful life. And he wanted that life extended as long as possible. When someone would wish him the traditional blessing "Ad Me'ah V'Esrim", he would answer - "Today we have inflation. It's not enough". ["Rav Yaakov", ArtScroll Mesorah pg. 237]*

Maybe it's time to take his request a bit more seriously.

* Definitely one of the best ArtScroll biographies in terms of authenticity, and emphasis of those elements of his life we can reasonably hope to emulate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know Rav Yaakov personaly that you are so sure the picture it gives of him is 100% accurate?

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take back that question seeing what you wrote again.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Bari said...

a) I didn't say it's 100% accurate. I said it is better than many of the others in this regard. The fact that the work was done in close collaboration with R' Nosson Kamenetzky helped alot.

b) I don't want to identify myself, but I am married to one of his direct descendants.

c) If you have information which is contrary to what appears in th book - put it out here. I'll see if I can verify your version over what appears in the book.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Bari said...

I take back my answer. ;)

Email me if you have info contrary to what appears there.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counters
SonyStyle.com Coupon